Our entry corridor is long and has a huge wall painted in beige, really boring. This corridor is a transition space as we can see the living room view behind it. I wanted to visually break this wall into smaller sections and add some texture/color but not make it overwhelming. While going thru the concepts, researching on what I want, I came across these fabulous Wall Flat panels by www.inhabitliving.com. I fell totally in love with these! Not because I knew having these on our entry wall would add a lot of character and depth, but on top of these the panels are made from bagasse so they are completely biodegradable and environment friendly!!!! And they are super light too!!!!
I picked Tierra Wall Flats - why? Because for me the waves in these wall flats represents the flow of our life. They are organic yet structured, and that is exactly what I wanted :o) Installing these was not an easy job....not because the panels are difficult to install, but because my concept made it so :o) But the end result made all this hard work worth it. Sharing the pictures of entire process....it ended up being a family bonding time because my brothers and my (soon to be) sis-in-law came down from northeast and helped us finish it :) Big thanks and hugs to them and ofcourse to my sweetheart husband who is all over in the pics below!
So finally I finished this little project this weekend with the help of my dear husband :) Just a small change in our closet but boy it makes a big difference!
Idea was to create a cost effective solution for hanging my bags....and the answer was a 4" x 8' x 1/4" piece of wood, painted crimson red (one of the future main colors in our closet/master bath/master bedroom) screwed to the drywall....simple! To hang the bags we purchased 3" long nails and yes nailed it to the wood rail in such a way that 2" still protrudes from the rail and gives enough room to hang two-four bags. Once we installed the rail and nails, I painted the nails with parchment acrylic paint. Love how it turned out! And best of all - total project costed us about $10 roughly :o)